6 day/5 night traditional walking trails safari
The epitome of ‘slow safari’ and a great option for busy families that don’t get enough quality family time our 6 day safari based at Mapaza Safari Camp includes at least one night out under the stars in our fly camp. It takes a day or two to wind down, give the mobile phones and tablets a rest, and get into the daily rhythms of living in the wilderness miles away from anyone else in the centre of our 15,000 acres private concession in the South Luangwa National Park. Re-discover yourselves as individuals away from the digital and work stresses and the constant buzzing of the mobile phone. Spend time together discovering new things and experiences in the heart of the African bush….
The safari experience is a blend of guided morning and afternoon walking safaris, day and night game drives. Tailored entirely to your wishes there is no daily routine. The walks range from an hour to all day hikes always with an armed game ranger and one of our experienced safari guides.
Mapaza Safari Camp provides a comfortable base to exploring the South Luangwa National Park. Sitting centrally in the Chibembe Wildlife Reserve in the remote north-east corner of the South Luangwa National Park the tented camp overlooks the the confluence of the Chibembe and Luangwa Rivers. Arguably the best walking safari area in the South Luangwa National Park, Normann Carr started his pioneering walking trails safaris here in the 1960s. Far from the madding crowds in other parts of the national park Mapaza Safari Camp is an oasis of calm, a rare gem in an increasingly cluttered wilderness.
Mapaza Safari Camp is booked on an exclusive basis for groups of 4 to 8 people. Whilst the safari is not presented as a luxurious experience we provide ice cold drinks, ice, warm bush showers and flush loos, which meet most peoples’ expectations from a bush camp. The catering is more of a home cooking experience rather than fine cuisine. We have a selection of wines, beers and spirits available at a charge and clients are welcome to bring their own drinks if they would prefer.
Whilst much has changed in Zambian tourism in the last 50 years, Mapaza Safari Camp’s location and walking area in the South Luangwa National Park remains unrivalled.
- Private safari vehicle and qualified safari guide for the duration of your safari
- Armed game scout on all walking safaris
- Six nights at Mapaza Safari Camp on a full board basis
- Guided game walks and drives in the South Luangwa National Park
- Filtered water, coffee, tea & soft drinks
- Very limited 2G Zamtel internet
- Government taxes and service charges
- Meet & greet at Mfuwe Airport or Lukuzi Airstrip
- South Luangwa National Park entry fees & conservation fees
- Drinks – an order sheet will be provided when booking
- Tips & gratuities
- Return airport transfer to and from Mfuwe International Airport
- Flights to/from Mfuwe
- Travel insurance is essential. Guests, following a safety briefing, are required to sign an indemnity waiver.
- Children aged twelve years of age and above on walking safaris
- Children under twelve years are welcome under parental control
To book your 6 day 5 night safari at Chibembe Wildlife Reserve please email [email protected] with your preferred dates or use the enquiry form